Thursday, September 01, 2005


in another interlude of my staying in the island, i saw a happy family of four on a sunny sunday morning in senggigi beach.

the father, the mother, older son and younger daughter playing around a yellow canoe in a shallow calm water of this beautiful shore.

i saw myself in this picture, actually. and, the memory goes back years ago.

every sunday, mom and dad took me and my sis to ancol to find fresh air of sea breeze people said was good for curing the allergic. mom told me, i had of -- dunno what, but i coughed alot during the night.

so, off we went to be in java sea every week. we left early in the morning riding my dad's red piaggio bringing along tikar and lunch to eat there.

boy, when i saw this happy family in this picture, i really saw myself there. dad used to swim with me and my sis. mom sat on the sandy beach under the canopy of palm trees shadow. for once or twice, we rented a canoe, a red canoe, and the four of us had fun together bobbing up and down following the rhythm of the waves.

a nice childhood memory rekindled on a sunny sunday in senggigi beach. hope one day, i would do the same to my family.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

a happy family, i see...

alaya told that you love comments... so, here... I leave one. sometimes I'm a silent reader ;)

September 01, 2005 7:47 PM  
Blogger rini said...

Wow, I enjoyed all your Lombok posts. My unforgettable moment in Lombok : It was night. I was on a truck (don't ask why) from Kuta beach to Mataram, I looked upon the sky, and there... MILLIONS STARS!!!!! SO BRIGHT. SO NEAR. Never seen anything like that in my life. Moral of my comment : While you're in Lombok, don't forget to enjoy the night sky too.

September 01, 2005 9:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ninit,
thank you, nit. kalo novel keduanya udah di launching, kasih tau aku ya.

~rs~
i agree indeed! i saw millions of stars in medana beach. so clear so near. i even told my friends that you can see the nebula clouds among the stars!

September 02, 2005 10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home