Sunday, August 21, 2005


the past week has been a tough week for me actually. it started on tuesday when i walked into the manager's meeting room reviewing the event we had the weekend before.

having run a successful event with a record sales of the magazine alone not to mention media coverage contest, i was expecting a passing color to my report.

the result? not even close to what i expected before i stepped in to the meeting room.

as a manager, i was being labelled as a pessimist not to answer to my CEO's challange to have at least 10 million rupiahs for the target sales. analyzing the past events, it was true that i didn't take the challange. i said, it was hard to achieve that target, BUT i'll do my best to do so. at the end of the day, we made almost 20 million rupiahs in sales alone. still, it was not enough to make them happy.

it was hard having a solid business unit amongst the weak ones. i, or i should say, we, supposed to help others as part of the group. yet, help is a subjective word with a subjective meaning.

in every meeting months before the d-day, i always mentioned about a big event coming up to the other managers. as a matter of fact, it fell into deaf ears.

of course, like a scripted tv show, just 7 days before the d-day when my unit was ready to go, you guess it, all the business units came, rushed and asked us to do this and that. my reaction? i stormed to the GM's office demanding an explanation for all of the craps.

and, sure, at the meeting, i was partly blamed for not having a good coordination with the other business units.

bla... bla... bla...

i cooled down by looking at my photo collection and came to the picture above. nothing could sooth me better than seeing those colorful baby hats.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know about baby hats, but I do love babies. especially when they talk with their baby language and looking at us with their crystal eyes. but please, not when they do their favorite everlasting-crying-out-loud-damaging-the-ear thing :)

August 23, 2005 11:04 AM  
Blogger dewi said...

Jadi inget lyric Fix You-nya Cold Play deh..:)
When you try your best but
you don't succeed
When you get what you want but not what you need
When you feel so tired but you can't sleep
Stuck in reverse

When the tears come streaming down your face
When you lose something you can't replace
When you love someone but it goes to waste
could it be worse?

Lights will guide you home
and ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

High up above or down below
when you too in love to let it go
If you never try you'll never know
Just what your worth

Lights will guide you home
and ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you


Tears stream down your face
When you lose something you cannot replace
Tears streaming down your face and I

Tears stream down your face
I promise you I will learn from my mistakes
Tears stream down your face and I

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

August 24, 2005 4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home