Sunday, February 19, 2006


birthday is just another day for me. and, to be honest, i kinda disliked it when i have to sit or stand in front of a cake with lighting candles and people sang the Happy Birthday song for me. i don't do the limelights.

but, birthday is birthday. you can ignore it but you still have to face it.

two weeks ago, the morning started with a downpour. i told myself -- awwrighttt, downpour on your birthday means your year would be fortunate throughout.

arrived early at the office and got well wishes from co-workers. it was a chatty morning until a paspampres looking guy calling out my name and bringing in a box of cake. a birthday cake from a friend. opening the box, i loved the wordings on the icing so much! thank you. hopefully, we can meet up someday and thanks to the paspampres looking guy to deliver the cake.

a joyous morning indeed when a dear friend delivered me blueberry and strawberry cheesecake, homemade chocolate chip cookies and my ever favorite -- oatmeal raisins cookies. specially made for me, weren't they? :)

i got presents from my co-workers and a pair of baby turtles that my nephew named them -- bingky and bongky the turtles.

until one thing happened.

one of managers gave me his resignation letter with reasons that could not be accepted by the management and made my superiors got really mad. point blank-ly, i was instructed to fire him on that day.

on my birthday, i was instructed to fire one of my trusted managers.

i fought back and defended him trying to make them to change their minds.

i was wrong. the next day, he stabbed me from the back. accusing me with what i did and i didn't do according to what he believed i should do and i shouldn't do. not only me, he did so to any single person in the whole company. no one escaped from his wrath.

all along, i defended him, motivated him, worked with him, even subtituted him when he couldn't do his jobs. and, i told my superiors -- every single thing i did, every single penny i asked from the company, and every single signature i signed, i can back those up and be responsible with. the magazine can speak itself and be the proof of what we do.

i never got mad at him by stabbing my back. i still chatted with him and acted as if nothing happened. worked with him during his last days and i thanked him for helping me all along and for all of his contributions. deep down, i was sad that he was leaving in a bad term with the company. he should've done a smarter way.

one of my managers gave me a valuable birthday present someone ever gave.

birthday -- is time to reflect myself.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday (again) :)

February 20, 2006 9:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy belated birthday dear iman!

jessie-SPICE!

February 21, 2006 10:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy birthday, editor guy :)

February 21, 2006 10:16 AM  
Blogger OW Batik! said...

to celebrate ur birthday is okay TheEye, to get sumthin from it is more okay ;d...overall, it's time to reflect indeed ya...

February 23, 2006 2:33 PM  
Blogger sLesTa said...

happy belated bday, imaaann!!! kapan traktir2 nyaa..heheh...??

February 26, 2006 11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home