Tuesday, January 24, 2006

masyu to japanese is matthew to american or western name. a 3.5 years old kid who runs here and there, climbs up and down the stairs, and a kid who never forgets to ask any kind of question that make his mom, uncle, grandmother and grandfather need to think hard to answer whatever question pops up from his mind.

once he asked me, "why motorcycle is smaller than car?" another time he asked, "why asih (our household assistant) is not my cousin?" then there was question like, "why can't i fly like airplane?"

mom was like -- you little creature!!!

a week after i returned from tokyo, my sister and her son flew to jakarta to visit us. it was such a joy for my parents to see their grandson and a happy time for me to be able to play with my nephew again.

the house suddenly became alive and -- messy and i became less workaholic ever since he came.

my co-workers love him and he becomes -- how is masyu -- kinda question everyday. sometimes, i really miss him at the office, too.

he picks up some of the indonesian language and blends it with the english language in such funny things like -- go home yuk when he was bored being out from home or maybe later yah when i asked him to brush his teeth.

masyu and i bonded closely since i was in japan. once when i came home late and he was still up, he sat with me in the dining room and we talked -- just the two of us -- about what he did earlier.

funny thing happened when his mom asked him to take shower because we were going out and he said, " i want to mandi with oom iman!!"

my sister handed me his towel and told me -- go mandi with him.

and, i said to her, "no waaaay!"

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hihi.. lucu... tapi bagus tuh.. anak kecil yg banyak nanya pertanda gedenya dia bakal jadi orang yg pinter dan kreatif.

about the mixing language, jadi inget anaknya temen waktu ngomong dgn polos dan ngototnya di depan org banyak, "i can cebok by myself!" waktu nyokapnya ngotot mau nganterin dia ke wc.

January 26, 2006 8:36 PM  
Blogger OW Batik! said...

line terakhir itu mengingatkan gw akan adegan kobo chan yang sering mandi bareng sama semua orang di rumahnya, ibu, ayah, kakek, nenek bahkan Om Takeo. hahaha..sayang nih Om iman menolak, itu kan emang biasa di Jepang bukan?

February 15, 2006 12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home